Translate

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

This scythe is an American classic.  It is engineered in the old timer day, when only Americans built like oxen could use it.
 I'm over 6 feet tall, and I had to adjust the handles. The angle of the blade seemed wrong, so I angled it with some washers.
I taught myself to scythe. I literally tore through many of the brush and brambles until I bought a stone to sharpen the blade. There is no better feeling than cutting through hay or brush with a sharpened blade. 
You will find me in the hot humid heat cutting with my scythe in the field.  I would tell myself at times when the heat got miserable, "They pay big money for hot saunas and sweaty exercises in the cities.  I get it here for free."
I am trying my hand at mow free yard.  I cut down the sprigs and let the clover smother the rest. Clover flowers are so beautiful. They reminds me of a universe of stars.  In this case it is a green universe of stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment