Translate

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Moles and Hay

One mole can wipe out a garden. Here in Missouri we do have them. Look at my little garden of two tomatoes and two pepper plants, they could be wiped out by one mole if he decides to dig near their roots.


Notice the net (fruit net) over my plants I use in order to protect them from vermin like possums, raccoons, and armadillos. But what about the moles? I'm tried of trapping and killing them. Is there a better way. In California there are gophers.  Talk about a nuisance.

This year I am going to try the swimming pool technique. Stay tuned. I am going to show pictures of my pool garden.   I am going to do it this week with my new transplants.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm getting my place ready to sell. I don't need forty two acres. I'm not a farmer or a rancher. All I want is a small place where I can grow what I need to eat. Perhaps five acres is enough. The new place that I buy must have clover and grass. If it doesn't, I'll grow it. I don't need a yard to mow, I need clover and grass to scythe.

Look at all this hay from a small portion of ground.



It looks like I mowed the grass. People do cut their grass by scything alone. I plan on being one of them.

Hay is the backbone to all my gardening techniques. You can use it in buckets, swimming pools (gardens), in ditches, or grow in it. It is great for all your gardening needs. I like to store my hay in bales. Bales heat up and makes the weed seed unviable.

Stay tuned for my pool garden. I'm buying some soil today. I am going to have me some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment