Translate

Monday, February 9, 2015

Show Me The Roots



I saw a straw bale gardening expert pitching his wares in a video. He made all kinds of claims. If only I could fib, I would become popular as this straw bale expert.

Do you have limited mobility? They claimed that straw bale gardening is for you. How in the heck can an impaired individual lift heavy bales of straw? Do they want to kill the person with the limited mobility?  I feel sorry for the impaired after seeing the expert towering over his straw bale garden. He must bend a lot.

Funny! You don't use soil? It must be an air garden. Really, all the root growth stays in the bale? I've been growing in bales for years and have yet to find growth in my bales. Do your own study. Plant a seed in a wet bale, does it grow? What is that I see on the expert's straw bale....its potting soil.

Funny! The expert claims to have discovered straw bale gardening. Straw has been used for years. Remember Ruth Stout?

I'm not bashing just to sell my books. I don't get $5-$15.00 a book. For the price of a bottle of pop, you can buy one of my informative books.

I recently had someone accuse me of not including my plans for my baler in my $1.59 book. I rarely sell my plans. Why? There are lots of free plans on the internet. I used to give away my plans for free to anyone who wrote a review for my books. I had no takers.

I know I make straw gardeners mad, but common. Show me your roots.

Info from my book: "Did you know that the tomato plant maximum root depth is 6-10 feet?  In raised beds it is recommended at least 24 inches and up."

Straw bales are 14-16 inches high. If it wasn't for fertilizer used by straw bale gardeners and the ground beneath the bales the tomato plants would grow stunted.










No comments:

Post a Comment