Translate

Monday, October 12, 2015

Seasonal Gardening

There is no reason why everyone should not be growing a fall garden. The things we grow in the spring we can also grow in the fall.

This is the first year I tried growing some plants in the fall. You might have to adjust your time table to accommodate certain plants but so far I am impressed.


I started this cabbage plant in late August. It is starting to form a cabbage. I'll have to wait and see if it matures in time before the first frost. If it does not, I will grow it earlier.



Cilantro likes it cool. I'm not transplanting these plants. I'll leave them in their coke bottles.


Lettuce in a bucket can be taken indoors if the weather gets real cold. We have great weather forecasting today and it helps in determining when to bring a portable plant indoors.


I'm starting to harvest radishes. I am going to also try them in growing buckets.


No comments:

Post a Comment