Translate

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Starting Onions in Buckets

I tried growing green onions in a bucket. I planted the seed but they never came up. The soil kept drying out which prevented germination.

Here is my solution:

Start your onion seeds on a paper towel in a ziplock bag.


I had previously saved some of my onion blossoms for seeds. The seeds were easy to remove.


In only a few days you will have many sprouts.


I already had a nice prepared bucket with soil that made it an easy job when planting my sprouts.


I then made some depressions with a small plastic spoon. I moistened the small depressions with a spray bottle before adding onion sprouts to the depressions.


After placing the sprouts in the depressions, I then sprayed more water from my bottle until the sprouts were successfully covered with soil. I finished by adding Saran Wrap on top of the bucket. I held the wrap down with masking tape on all sides of the bucket. I folded one end of the tape for easy removal.

I set my bucket in a sunny place for quick growth.

It was an easy job which I enjoyed doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment