Translate

Friday, June 23, 2017

Hay Bale Gardening Going Strong


I'm still gardening the way I taught in my first book on "Hay Bale Gardening." 


In Chapter three I mention using bales as a windbreaker. It really works. I usually get broken plants during a storm but not now.

I line up my bales around my garden and when the bales get old and spoiled, I break them apart and use it for mulch.  Mulch keeps the ground moist and in hot weather I hardly need to water.

INTRODUCTION
Chapter 1
MAKING HAY BALE RAISED BEDS
Chapter 2
TYPES OF BALES
Chapter 3
WIND BREAKING
Chapter 4
THE DISINTEGRATING COMPOST BALES
Chapter 5
DON'T BAIL OUT WHEN YOU SEE THEM VARMINTS
Chapter 6
GROWING IN BALES
Chapter 7
STUMP REMOVAL OR STUMP HIDING?
Chapter 8
THOSE PESKY GARDEN INSECTS
Chapter 9
TO SCYTHE OR NOT TO SCYTHE?
CONCLUSION

This book is a good little read and it's only 99 cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment