Translate

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Sunday 6/25



First thing I do in the morning is drink my special herbal blend of green juice. Prior to juicing I went 
out to get a little wheatgrass. Juicing has become a ritual with me. As I went out to my potted wheatgrass I found a visitor:


It was a frog blending in with the wheatgrass like a chameleon. Here is a closer view:


It was pretty cool.

I potted up some other kinds seeds for juicing, Ryegrass and Fenugreek. Most of my buckets contain spoiled hay at 3/4 of a bucket full with soil on top. I have 1/2 holes in my bucket for drainage with landscape fabric on the bottom. The fabric keeps bugs out of bucket or pot but allows drainage.

I found another use for my hay bales. I use them like tables. I'll keep these buckets on top of my bales and water them when I water my garden.






The grass bale I used  for bucket filling showed signs of being ripe for the using. As you can see the bale wicked up the moisture from underneath and has nearly composted itself. It is ideal for garden tasks.

My heirloom tomato plant has curly leaf fungus. I'm going to make a solution of Nicotiana Alata juice from its flowers and use it as a fungicide.


The flowers from this plant is known to have a protein that explodes cancer cells and properties that kills fungus. 



At last I want to show you that my new batch of wheatgrass is coming up in the buckets. I used hay mulch on top in order to keep the birds from eating the seeds. It works. It also helps to keep your buckets off the ground out of reach of hungry critters. 














No comments:

Post a Comment