Translate

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Hay Bales


In my last post I mentioned my aged hay bales. IT is SO idiotic that some gardeners consider hay bales weedy or going to give off seeds that make weeds. Aged hay bales are safe to use. The heat of the bale makes the seeds unviable and also being spoiled they are easily absorbed into the ground.


I would not use freshly cut grass or newly made hay bales but the aged ones are fine to use. Come on, do you really like paying ten dollars for a straw bale? Do you know the history of the bales you get? Are they herbicide free?

My newest book is going to be about a workmen's garden. Look at my mine with the new hay mulch from my aged bales.

    


Take a look at all that mulch. I made it myself with my hay baler and a little time to age the bales.

Happy hay baler gardener. Hope you're having fun.  Larry Zoro

No comments:

Post a Comment