Translate

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Scything my Yard


    Here is a row I recently scythed. The tall grasses will make a nice bale. You can make a bale in a baler or a tote or box. I have a video on making a bale in a tote.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u1hM74V4yk

    The taller scythed grasses will keep birds from stealing it and using it for their nests.

    Look at how much finer the mowed grass looks:


    You can still use mowed grasses for a bale. After aging the bales, they will become matted. However, I still prefer scythed grasses.

    Bales have many uses. I'm going to use some bales to keep my watermelon from touching the damp ground. Take a look:


    I stake the vine using a large tie-down. Cut sharp on one end and stick it through the bale.



    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007OZDLPK

    Thanks to all of you. My book has this rankng:

    Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #396,540 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
    #301 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Crafts, Hobbies & Home
    #1076 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Gardening & Horticulture

    #4035 in Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Gardening & Landscape Design








No comments:

Post a Comment