Translate

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Harvest Fun


I picked some carrots today (100 percent organic). They were dry even after receiving a nice rain the other evening.

My favorite use of carrots is by cutting some thin slices and adding them to my sandwiches. It makes the sandwich real crunchy.


This is the way I store my carrots in the refrigerator. I leave the tops on like they do at at the supermarkets. They seem to stay fresh longer.


Someone nice in my family bought me a onion for only 39 cents at an Amish stand. It was cheap and she knew I liked onions. She failed to see the harvest of my buckets of Vidalia onions. Bless her heart. I'll just add her onion to my collection.



Somebody took a bite out of my patio tomato. By the look of things, the critter must have liked the center part of the green tomato. Tomato juice is something people like too.


Some more of my harvest for the day. I love peppers. Peppers are great on any sandwich.

A plant for regaining your youth:


For those looking for another superfood try growing goji plants.

  http://www.phoenixtearsnursery.com/anti-aging-breakthrough.html


This melon plant was not planted. Sometimes your best melons come up on their own. When you discard your seeds from your melons think about where you put them. They will probably come up next year and give you another melon.


My tomatillo plant fell over last night from the storms. I was able to straighten it up without breaking the stem. I added a fence post for staking. I hope it survives.



This is my brother's tomato plants from California. Pure organic green that is watered from a drip system. It's loaded with fruit.


 My brother showed me this picture of his run-away pumpkin plant. This is such a cool picture. It makes me want to jump from pedal to pedal. If I was a frog, that's what I would be doing until a bird swooped down and ate me.


This is one of my experimental rootings. It likes this bucket.


Like all straw bale gardens they need stakes. I staked this squash plant growing in a hay bale to keep it upright for a while.


My brother's corn is phenomenal.


Sometimes the key to having great looking tomatoes is to pick them a little green and let them ripen in the house. Otherwise some critter or insect might make holes in them.


Do you see the size of those leaves. Yes, it is my squash plant again. I enjoy seeing it grow because I know that in a matter of time the squash bugs will overwhelm this plant and kill it.

No comments:

Post a Comment