Translate

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Squash



Squash is one of my favorite foods. There is nothing like thinly sliced squash and onions. I found two this morning and can't wait to eat them.

I usually do not have success growing squash due to the squash bugs. This year I haven't seen too many. I had a few eggs on my leaves but haven't found any bugs.

Never be satisfied with trying only a few techniques and methods. Get hold of as many gardening books as you can. Not one method is better than another. It is like playing instruments. The instrument might be different but beautiful music can be played with any instrument by using the right developed skills. Develop all your gardening skills, you never know what might work for any particular year.

Sliced and ready for steaming.

Might as well cook some peppers while waiting for the squash.

Lunch is ready at last. I'm using my brother's avocados he sent me for a delicious sandwich.


Even my dog got in on the good food (Or as they say around here, "my good eatins"). There was plenty of food for everyone.



My dog hasn't heard about the famine in Somalia, she left two pieces of squash on her plate. In my household we eat all of our food unless it's spoiled.

Before I go, take a look at my brother's greens. Everyone should grow some. 





Can you spot fenugreek, radish, and broccoli?If you can't, you better start sprouting until you know your sprouts. Sprouts are healthy and delicious. I especially like them on sandwiches.


When I saw this picture I had tears of joy. I think any kind of blessing that happens even to others is a marvel and a joy to see. Food is a marvelous gift of life.

















  

No comments:

Post a Comment