Translate

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Eat Your Greens


Don't get all upset because greens taste bad. The bitter your greens, the better it is. I was passing by my red bud  tree the other day and wondered, could I eat that? With this modern age we can do a search in our tablet/phone or computer and get the answer. The answer is yes. People eat the flowers, bark, beans, and young leaves of the red bud tree. I wouldn't put the leaves in a smoothie, but you could get some juice out of them.

My philosophy is simple, do what average person doesn't do and you'll have above average results. With a little wisdom you might extend your life and look better than the average person.

At Wendy's in Springfield Missouri they make the best salads. Today I had my favorite salad called BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad. It is the best of the best.



Today was Pirates' Day in many places. I hope you don't mind, I got you a card.



For variety in life try your local Seoul Korean store. You can find all kinds of different things like different varieties of rice. I went there to pick up a bag of mung beans. I like to add mung bean sprouts to my cooking.




At the health food store, hemp is catching on. I tried some hemp seeds in a salad and I was impressed. They were great. They also have protein powder made out of hemp. Mark this down, in recent days ahead, you will see tobacco protein powder at health food stores.

https://www.princeton.edu/~ota/disk3/1983/8315/831507.PDF


Although hemp is an expensive product, look for some free samples. The store I go to always have samples.

Take care and try a red bud tree leaf. The tree is from the bean family and is not toxic. I'm going to add a few leaves to my next batch of juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment