Translate

Monday, March 23, 2015

Growing Garlic by Using My Superdigger


I had some hard soil around my potato bed and decided to grow garlic. I used my superdigger.  My superdigger was the best invention I've ever made. It is so easy to make, that I show you in a short video. Here is my link: SUPERDIGGER YouTube Video.

Usually when you use new ground, you have to rotor til the soil. You end up spending $$$$ for all the soil additives in order to make your bed able to sustain garden plants. I planted six garlic cloves today and used only a bucket of my soil mixture. I didn't have to waste my precious soil medium on a whole garden bed.

I dug down to about six inches. I want the surrounding pathways to be hard as brick. I don't want a bed with freshly dug soil just to promote weed. That's what you do when you rotor til your garden. It seems like you break up the soil just for weeds to grow. I want my soil mixture where my plant is going to extend roots.

I think you are blessed if your soil is mostly clay. I just don't want to grow in it. It can make great pathways when you walk on it all the time. My holes that I make to plant seedlings will help retain moisture due to the surrounding clay. Instead of water running off, it will fill the holes I made for my plants and stay there a while.

I've decided to grow some corn using my superdigger. Have you ever noticed that corn plants fall over, being grown in well tilled soil? It will be interesting to see if they do by planting in hard soil using my superdigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment