Translate

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Sagittatum Epimedium



I like epimediums. They have pretty flowers and compliment your garden. In the fall you can cut your sagittatum leaves and grind them for tea.  

http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/natural-medicine/herbal-remedies/horny-goat-weed2.htm

I grew Sagittatum not for myself but for resale. However it is a slow grower. In a few years it has only multiplied its size about four times. I think if I would have sub-divided my plants, I would have had more plants.


TEA




I washed the leaves and dried them in my electric pizza cooker. I then cut them up and put them through a coffee grinder. As you see, not very much herb.



To make tea (I mixed it with green tea), I opened a tea bag by making a slit at the top of a bag and poured some into it. I then re-stapled and used it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment