Translate

Friday, August 14, 2015

8/14

Flower garden.


I hate squash that is gigantic. I pick my squash small and young.


Squash that is young is less seedy.


The juice is better than V8 juice.


I like camo skins. What amphibian did this come from?


This is my marigold that I grew in a cardboard bale. You can make bales out of anything.


Pumpkin growing from my care-free method. The pumpkin plants need no care during the drought or hot dry seasons. Plant them and let them grow. It is mentioned in one of my survival blogs.


One of my back yard plants: tomatillos.


 The creature with the camo skins has a home under a rock.


The frog is waiting for the drips from the faucet to hit him on his back.


Squash likes a raised hay bale to grow in.


The plant is loaded with squash.


Been eating a lot of squash this year. My oldest plant was infested with squash bugs. I used my dust buster (Dirt Devil) and sucked most of them up. You know what works better than a mini vacuum? It is my propane torch. A quick glance of the torch on any insect will kill them. The torch doesn't even harm the plant. The torch is the best thing I have ever found for most insect control.  As far as I know, I used it first.


 For water intensive plants I use my small potato fork. I can direct the water flow to any place I desire.



No comments:

Post a Comment