Translate

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Root Growth



It sounded like a great idea at the time. I planted this squash plant the old fashion way. I placed the seed in the ground and let it grow. I was bound to get something. I did. It looked like it was growing okay until it fell over. It didn't look like it developed the root structure that it needed to keep it upright. I know it is a vine and likes to sprawl but compare it with my other plant next to it.

 
The main vine has stayed upright. This plant I started from a seedling in my special growing container that aids root growth . It had eight inches of roots before I transplanted it. I remember digging a deep hole before transplanting. My other plant I will have to help it along with a stake. It is still salvageable but will always be a weak plant.


No comments:

Post a Comment