Translate

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Are You Prepared for Winter?






My brother has inspired me to do more gardening. He has a healthy life style and like a younger brother, I want to follow his example. John is prepared for the winter. He has corn to grind, squash to keep, sweet potatoes to store, Sun Chokes, and fall potatoes.

I used to want to supplement my foods with some home grown delights but now I want it all the time.  I want to become healthy, lose unwanted pounds, and have more joy in eating wholesome foods.

I bought a watermelon the other day for $6.88. What a disappointment. It was rotted and overripe. When you can't get good food, you have to do something yourself and I mean gardening.

     
Look closely at what I had the other night. Corn, squash, carrots, and onions. I now eat two main meals a day. I am losing about four pounds of fat a week. I think I am getting more more energy.



Here is my show-off picture for today. Don't feel bad or mad if your carrots are not that great. You'll have a season where your stuff will far exceed mine. I think I'm going to start showing my worse stuff. It might not grab your attention but it will be reality. You should have seen a tomato I picked today. It was so spotted from stink bugs that it was pitiful. Or the the small cantaloupe that had a bite taken out of it even though it was under my net. Some critter tried to eat it but couldn't finish it due to the net. Or the weeds that came through the cardboard that had been placed in my garden. It is weedville in some parts of my garden and I'm not talking about the town in PA.

I think the only way to smother weeds is by having more hay bales. Everywhere a hay bale rests it makes no home for weeds. This year I don't care about the weeds. My garden area, like I said before, is too dark to produce healthy and strong plants. I need sunlight.



 My daughter finished her pumpkin, I gave her. I need to update my survival story with this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment