Translate

Sunday, August 30, 2015

The Hay Bucket Revolution


I'm going to do more bucket gardening. Look at the growth coming from one bucket. It is phenomenal.


I'll give you a hint for better water absorption and root extension. Use big holes on the bottom of your buckets. When you place your bucket on the ground or in water, it will absorb easier than nail sized holes.

Do you wonder about how to keep the soil in the bucket without flowing out through the holes? Read my archives. It's not rocks.


This shows you how I made my holes. 1" galvanized piping.

Word of caution. Once your plant roots through the holes into the ground. Let it be. The bucket becomes portable while the plant is young and easily brought indoors during frost but it remains stationary when it has grown.

Run with this idea. It works. And you thought my watermelon was growing in just a bucket? Think of the benefits? No moles, no gophers, with easy weeding around your buckets. Also you can place your buckets where you want to in the full sun. Place them all over your yard.

What are my buckets called, "Hay Buckets".  "Hey, did you see my hay buckets." People will think you are mad until they see what they produce. Maybe I'll call this process, the new "Hay Bucket Revolution".

I can see it now, "We are at here at (place your name) resident for KOLR news where something unusual is going on. This gardener is having mighty success in growing in nothing but buckets. Sir or Mam, what is your secret at your success? Many have grown in buckets before but your plants have phenomenal growth."

Be careful not to give away all our secrets. Just say, "It must be the plastic." Beware in telling too many people or you will not be able to find free buckets that some bakeries give away. Technique is the key in growing in ordinary buckets and I think we are on our way to buckets of fun and produce.

Stay tuned for beautifying your buckets. You do not have to have ugly buckets. they can become a work of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment