Translate

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Survival 5: A Gift for Penny


Zed walked to his pumpkin patch not knowing if his plants had survived. To his surprise, he actually found a pumpkin. I can't believe it. It is still August and I see a ripened pumpkin. Zed took out his knife and severed it from the vine. Zed actually had a smile on his face. He was going to have some fun when he got home.

"Penny and Marge, I got something to show you." They turned around and Zed could see the excitement starting to well up inside them.

Marge was first to respond, "Where on God's green earth did you find a pumpkin? Am I dreaming?"

"No honey, I planted it months ago. We have traditions to uphold and this is for Penny's carving skill. Every year she has carved a pumpkin and we will continue the tradition."

Penny reaches out her hand to take the pumpkin while tears of happiness flowed from her eyes. "Dad, Thank you. I love you very much. I'm going to carve a cat's face in the pumpkin."



"Not only that", replied Zed, "We're going to roast some pumpkin seeds. Get out the knives, it is party time tonight."


No comments:

Post a Comment