Translate

Thursday, May 14, 2015

5/14 Pictures


After a rain is the best time to take pictures. This old fashion rose is the first of the year.


The garden bed on the side of the house is looking green. I need to add more leaf much near the house to keep the weeds down. Look at how high the rose is growing. I only pruned the dead branches and left it tall. I tied the branches together with twine to keep the rose branches from spreading apart.


I weeded the carrot patch and added biochar mulch. I really don't think insects like the stuff and birds won't carry the stinking  biochar grass away to their nests. As you probably know, potatoes plants are in  the middle, onions to the left and garlic around the rest of the bed. The few strawberry plants are behind the onions to the left. 

I been having animals stepping on my onions. I found a wilted and broken onion the other day.  I took it inside, washed it, and placed it in a partially filled glass of water in the fridge. Today it was perky and I ate it in a sandwich. I also had an animal bite into a  cup with the strawberry runner and broke the runner from the strawberry plant. I took the broken tip piece of the runner and planted it anyway. It looks like it doing okay despite being a premature cutting. 

Hint: If you eat only the green onion part (no bulbs), you can snip that part and regrow your onion. 




No comments:

Post a Comment