Translate

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Shoot Those Cherry Pits (For hay bale revolutionaries only)


 Another bad year for sour cherries. I took what the trees gave me and it wasn't much. I went outdoor with my centrifugal juicer and was eager to get my cherries ready for cooking.

There are more uses for a juicer other than juicing vegetables like carrots, celery, and cucumber. I plan on shooting out the pits of my cherries.


All I had to do was drop a handful of cherries down the mouth of the juicer. The pits popped out like corn kernels on a hot fire. All that is left is the skins in the strainer basket. I wanted some so I scooped some out of the basket and added it to the juice.

Have you ever bought a cherry pit remover. They are pathetic. I can do more juice for jellies in a minute than a person can do in hours by removing the pits by hand.   


I cooked the juice with some skins and added starch to thicken it up. I took a spoonful and added it to my ice cream with sprinkles on top.

This is my family secret of removing seeds and pits from cherries, and all kinds of berries. Don't be telling too many people about this secret or you will not be able to find this juicer cheap like I did on Ebay. This is an exclusive secret to all my hay bale revolutionary friends. Why are we special? We are of the few that know we can grow in hay or leaves without buying expensive straw bales.  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment