Translate

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Becoming Glamorous

Are you attractive? Does your charm radiate from within and without? Is there something magical about you that make others want to do things for you?

I live in Missouri and it is not the kind of place to become handsome or beautiful. Those who live in the country have so many bites that it looks like we have smallpox.  I'd rather live north but we must make do with the place we sometimes find ourselves.

My favorite cartoons are ones like this one,

It's true, people who look and act glamorous have a more successful life. More doors are opened for them due to their outward charm and good looks than those who have none. I remember a story my mother told about a young man who had asked her out on a date. The poor guy drooled while he asked the question, "Will you go out with me." Somethings just don't work out when we do not act and look glamorous. 

Usually urban folks get upset when talking about appearance. "I got to me." Their philosophy is a simple one, "Since I don't have money, why fret with my appearance. It's my inner self that more important than what I look like." It's great that many are eager to improve their inner selves, but wouldn't it be nice to also improve our looks? The cover is the first thing people look at when they buy books and our appearance is the first thing people see when they meet us.

I like the movie with Jerry Lewis called, "The Nutty Professor." Remember the part of his transformation when people stared at him. They were in awe at his appearance. He transformed and people noticed.


It's never too late transform ourselves. We may not look perfect, but we can surely improve ourselves. In this post I am going to give you some skin improving suggestions. As everyone probably knows, I am a proponent for using biochar in the garden. I think there might be some other uses for biochar that we have not yet explored. 

Biochar is a name for charcoal when it is used for particular purposes, especially as a soil amendment. Like most charcoal, biochar is created by pyrolysis of biomass. Biochar is under investigation as an approach to carbon sequestration to produce negative carbon dioxide emissions.

All of us beauty experts (I'm a wanna be) know the importance of using charcoal in beauty products. http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod6430359
Since some of us use biochar in the garden, why not use it in our skin cleansing regime?


I hope I didn't scare you. I mixed some mortar and pestle grounded biochar with my tea tree oil skin wash and made an application. Biochar is clean and completely washes off in water. 

I might be unusual but I scrub with a cheap scour pad. The kind you get at Dollar Tree.   http://www.carlislefsp.com/equipment-and-foodservice/scour-pads  I have manly strong skin that can tolerate a scour pad to defoliate. Try it! It really is not that abrasive when you gently use it. Stop laughing, it works.


When you use avocados do not throw away the skin until you scoop out every bit of the avocado. Scoop out everything close to the skin and save it for your skin. The freezer is a great place to save anything green in a zip-lock bag.

To make a mask mix some wheatgrass with avocado and apply to your face. It is that simple. Wait a few minutes and wash it off.  

Let's review: Grind your biochar, and freeze everything green to be used in your skin for your revitalizing regime.

The picture above shows biochar (top), wheatgrass in a cube (left), and wheatgrass and avocado mixture that is frozen and ready to use. Remember to freeze everything for later usage. Lemon juice is also used by many do it yourself cosmetologist so remember to freeze the juice. 

I probably should stick with gardening but I want you to look so beautiful that your skin emanates a healthy glow that will turn heads.

My next project will be how to grow wheatgrass or herbs with little soil in buckets. AdiĆ³s, I think I'm going to scare my neighbors by keeping this biochar stuff on my face and waving to them as they pass by in their vehicles. 






No comments:

Post a Comment