Translate

Friday, May 22, 2015

Let's Mow the Sidewalks


My older brother and I mowed a lot of grass together. We had an early work ethic of trying to make a buck for the things we wanted. Seniors appreciated us for mowing and trimming their yard for only five dollars.

Suggestion: Cleaning off sidewalks with  your mower.



When you're done mowing and trimming, your sidewalks are usually a mess. The hard way is to use a broom and sweep from side to side. The easy way is to mow your side walks.


The air that is used to push the grass away from the mower has other benefits like cleaning your sidewalks.

Suggestion: Use a scythe when preparing to cut high grass.


Out in the country grass grows super fast. You can't always keep up with mowing and when neglected, not even your mower is able to cut it.

I first use my scythe for high grass. 


The grass is still pretty rugged after scything. I use the tall cut grass for making bales and placing under trees for mulch. After scything I'm ready to cut the grass.


I could still do some raking but the yard looks fairly nice.


All that mowing was too much for this turtle. He left for grassier meadows.





No comments:

Post a Comment