Translate

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Mint Biochar

Have you ever cut mint and found that if you used it for mulch it sprouts all over the place? In my garden it grows better than any other plant. It is so prevalent that I usually leave it alone. Even in a compost pile it will root and find a new home.

Today I cut a huge quantity of mint and shoved it in my biochar can. It was green but I still made biochar and also some cooked mint mulch. The mulch is so dead, it will never root again.


I took some mint biochar and grounded it into powder.


It was easy to do. I took my mortar and pestle and grounded the biochar into a rough powder. 


I put the rough powder into a wire mesh strainer and used my pestle to make it finer.


I sprinkle it on my soap to help in cleansing my skin. You can also put the powder on insect bites to draw out the poison.


I also sprinkled some on my tooth paste to help whiten my teeth.

I am a pioneer in trying homemade products using biochar. I figure if they use activated charcoal in toothpaste than why not biochar. I'll let you know if my teeth fall out. But for now it seems like it does help clean my teeth. I can already see some improvements. 

To learn more on activated charcoal (no one uses biochar) use these links.:




Disclaimer: I am not advocating the use of biochar for any product other than for gardening. The use of biochar in cosmetic products is at your own risk. Biochar can be hazardous if you ingest it. I am absolve of all liability according to the laws of the United States. Loss of teeth or permanent skin damage is not my fault. Facial reconstruction due to the use of biochar is not the author's responsibility. Fire damage in making biochar is the responsibility of the participants. Permanent skin blackness may be due to genetics and not biochar. Look into your heritage before blaming biochar. Did I cover everything? Are you scared? Did you read all the fine print and disclaimer?    

How did you like the small print?

No comments:

Post a Comment