Translate

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Those Onions Are Tall


These tall onions were from last year. It is perfectly normal for onions to seed when they go through a cold spell. The cold triggers them to seed in order to grow more onions before they die. Onions I planted this year are not seeding and hopefully will grow bulbs.

There are many uses for seeds. I plan to use them for sprouts and growing more onions. You probably could grind them and add them to your flour products like buns or rolls. Did you know that you can grind beans and add them to your bread?


I got all these plants for $2.04 at the mennonite store. Two pumpkins and three melon plants. The melons have aphids and was missing one. However, I made a deal and got a steal. 

Keep reading my survival posts, I am going to reveal how to grow pumpkins with little water and no constant care.  It will be a test. No one has done it and I will be the first.

No comments:

Post a Comment