Translate

Sunday, May 17, 2015

New Gardening Technique of 5/17


The sun is setting and I'm about through for the day, but I had to show you my new technique. Are you tired of nasty pathways? Grass is growing everywhere including your pathways. The grass is so high that ticks are ready at the end of the grass blades to hitch a ride. I have the solution line your pathways with hay bales.

Green hay bales will dry out and become ready for next year. This is a good time to cut or scythe grass. After cutting the grass or making new territory through the wilderness, it is time to bale up all that grass or hay. You'll be amazed at how much a bale holds in hay. Green bales are really heavy. At least they won't blow anyway and squash a plant. They also make a nice seat.

When you age your bales, you shouldn't have problems with seeds or sprouts. Aged hay or spoiled hay will be perfect for next year's garden. Do the work now and you'll have the materials for a great garden next year.

When you use hay bales around the edges you will have weed control and you will not use half the amount of wood chip that you normally use. Also I have noticed that plants like a little shelter. The wind can do havoc to your garden plants. You better start now with wind control before you find broken plants after all the torrential storms.


I don't know about you, but I have a lot of kitchen scraps. I'm going to fill up my trenches with kitchen scraps so it will turn to compost. The trenches are a moist place to make compost. When the heat comes, it will turn those scraps to mush. The dissolving compost might even feed my leaf bale garden plants.

This idea is workable as long as you don't fill up your trenches with dirt and yard debris. You want a free flow of water in your trenches. You definitely don't want to damn up your trenches. Not only will you make compost but the worms will like the scraps and help in making you rich humus.

No comments:

Post a Comment