Translate

Friday, June 26, 2015

Bean Burgers


1. Soak your beans for a few hours then rinse. Look for any debris you might find with your beans and remove. No one likes rock or hard chunks in their beans.

I used half of a  20 oz. bag of beans
2. Add water to about two inches above the beans. Bring your beans to a boil for about 5 minutes. Let your beans set or rest overnight and then rinse again.

3. The next day after rinsing, bring your beans back to a boil and then simmer until done.

4. Use about 2 cups of beans and mash. I used an Oster hand blender and was careful not to over do the blending and mashing.



5. Add one cup of bread crumbs  ( I used panko crumbs) and two eggs.

Panko is a Japanese-style breadcrumb traditionally used as a coating for deep-fried foods such as tonkatsu. The biggest difference between panko and standard breadcrumbs is that panko is made from bread without crusts.

6. Season to your satisfaction. I used chili powder, seasoning salt, paprika, Cajun seasoning and cumin. Mix it all together. I also used a steak rub when cooking the bean patty. 



7. Use your patty press and make thin patties. I used a cake spatula when removing my patties.



8. Cook until golden brown on each side. Try to flip them over only once. Add cheese if you prefer.

I left my patty in the press until I partially cooked it on
one side. It keeps the patty from falling apart when
removing. I also used a cake spatula when
removing them from the press.         

Not one fell apart.
9. Make your burger.

 I used cheese, lettuce, green onion, sweet onion, and 
tomato.

I topped it off with Salsa.


Es bueno! Muy deliciosa!

No comments:

Post a Comment