Translate

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Trip to Town: Camdenton, MO


I drove to town today. It was hot and humid in the 90's. First stop was Menards. I needed more manure to mix up more soil. I got tomato rootings that need planting in buckets.

 
I passed the straw bale section and saw they were having a sale. They look messy but they're not. It the birds that poke at them for their nests. For a hundred dollars you could probably buy the whole batch. It beats making them unless you like work.


I think it is too hot for gardening. Unless we have an exceptional cold June, gardening for the most part is over with unless you're into getting a stroke. In Missouri we don't need saunas; we live in one.


I went over to Lowes. They sell expensive sewer pipe. I bought a 4' piece of 4" pipe for only three dollars at a local hardware store. It costs a lot more at Lowes.

 
I then went to Target. They sure do waste a lot of space on alcohol. Can you imagine if they legalized marijuana for recreational use. They would sooner or later sell it in all the stores.

I went to a book store and they had a book on growing marijuana. There is only one state that allows people to have a few plants. Why they are selling that book here in Missouri is crazy. We have not yet legalized it or have approved state growers.

Let marijuana become the weed that it is. We don't need to sell it or merchandise it. If you want it, grow it. If you break laws by using it, than you must pay your fine to the courthouse or end up in jail.



Most stores sell alcohol. You would think we were living in Russia. It has gotten so bad in the USA that people must flock to the shelves to get their favorite booze to forget their troubles.


Target has some large buckets. Great for growing miniature trees. For eight dollars you can grow an indoor and outdoor plant.



Wouldn't your kids like to see Jurassic World? Take them to Target instead. The dinosaurs have arrived.





I got hungry and ate at Arbys. Two turkey sandwiches for $6.00. Not a bad deal.

Finally I made it home to my scorched gardens. The weather goes from one extreme to another.


My no watering pumpkins are still surviving. I did not count on having too much water. It rained and rained as the fungus came.


This pumpkin had the wilts. It will have to adapt or call it quits by dying. I'm not going to baby it.


I got lots of Anaheim peppers growing in a bucket. You know, I kinda like container gardening.

This is my thought for the day, "Will it ever dry out so I can water?"

No comments:

Post a Comment