Translate

Monday, June 29, 2015

New Gadget For Your Equipment Bag


Instant-read thermometer by Weber should be in everyone's equipment bag. Using a probe is the only way to know how hot your bale is reading before planting. We have studied the temperatures that make seeds unviable and now with this device we will be able to know exactly what is going on inside our bales.

I tested a few aged bales today but my next test will be on a green bale on a hot day. I will know exactly the temperature that my green bales can reach on any given day.

This evening the temperature was 84 degrees F.


My temperature probe read about the same even though I held it in my hot hands. 


103 degrees F

  
Older Leaf Bale
These were all older bales. If I was cooking bales for a straw bale garden, I would definitely check the temperatures. Having hot bales will not only cook seeds but also any seedlings you might try to start in a bale.


No comments:

Post a Comment