Translate

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Corn and Melons


I now use my post hole digger more than I thought I would. I dig a hole the size of a bucket and then place my 4" superdigger in the middle. I pack a bunch of spoiled hay around the superdigger and then remove the digger and plant my melon.

Corn plants are temporary short lived grasses. Many grow underneath them watermelon plants or sweet melons. Now that my corn is up and growing. I found a place to grow melons.


The soil looks pitted but then who says you have to grow only in flat lands. Doubling up the cardboard to smother grass was a great idea. As you see it works. I have fourteen corn plants. That should give me twenty eight ears of corn.

Since my corn is spaced far apart, I could always pollinate the ears (silk) with a brush of pollen.

No comments:

Post a Comment