Translate

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

I Love to Eat 6/9

Nopales or prickly pear cactus pads are a lot like cooking with eggplant. At least the texture is about the same.

I always wanted to be a Chef but I was led in other directions. Today is a recipe that's all my own. Let's get started:


Find a large pad.


Remove the cactus barbs or anything that looks like thorns or pricks.


Sear the pad at high heat on both sides in a little olive oil.


Sprinkle on some steak grill rub on both sides of the nopales pad. Cook at medium heat with a lid cover (I used a porcelain dinner plate) until it is cooked all the way through. When it is cooked, add a little tomato sauce or spaghetti sauce on the pad in the pan and then smoother it with cheese. Let the cheese melt in the pan. Next time I'm going to try Taco Bell Green Sauce as my topping.


Toast your bread and add thinly sliced lettuce, green onion, and cauliflower (or broccoli). The broccoli or cauliflower will give it some crunchiness.  


I must say, it tasted mighty fine for an amateur cook. 

I love to eat and so does my Chihuahua Belle.



On a small plate I cut up some lettuce and breast chicken with a pair of cooking shears. I used to give her cheese but she can not handle it. I also added a little less than a teaspoon of ranch dressing and mixed it in her salad.

It is suggested by experts that dogs can eat lettuce but at moderation. I might have given her too much but she ate it all up.


Belle licked her plate clean and enjoyed a nice bowl of ice water (Veterinarians say ice cubes and water when the weather is hot is a good thing).


Belle is after my own heart: We love to eat and to drink. 









No comments:

Post a Comment