Translate

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Pepper Burgers


I could not wait any longer. I took my scissors and cut two Anaheim peppers from my plant in the bucket. I was going to make a pepper sandwich until I saw the ground beef.


I seared my peppers on high heat with a little olive oil. I then took them out of the pan to cool them. After being cooled I peeled off most of the skin until I was satisfied.

I then proceeded to make some beef patties that were fairly thin.


 I seasoned them with rub and seared both sides of the patty.


After searing the patties I cooked them further at medium temperature and also placed my skinned peppers with them. I used a lid on my pan to keep the meat moist.

I toasted some buns while waiting for the meat to fully cook.


I added a slice of cheddar and cut with some cooking shears some sweet onion. The finish burger had no condiments other than medium hot salsa.


This was not fill food but taste food. It tasted so good. The pepper had a slight heat and stole the show by its wonderful flavor.  I made small utterances of delight as it melted in my mouth with the most marvelous flavors.

After dinner there was more good news. I have left overs.


No comments:

Post a Comment