Translate

Friday, June 12, 2015

Food for the Day 6/12

I'm getting sick of, "I love to eat." Today I'm calling it, "Food for the day." I ate a lot today. I'm sure I gained a few pounds.


I ate lunch at Pizza Hut. On my salad I tried to eat vegetables I don't eat all the time. You won't see much lettuce.


I even had sugary desert: pudding and canned fruit. That wasn't enough. Later on I ate again.

I went to my garden store (backyard)  and spotted some new flowers. 


Prickly Pear Flower


The cactus still had a lot of grass and I tried to pull it out. 


I damaged a few pads and decided to use them for tostadas.


I diced two pads after removing the small thorns or pricks.


I cooked them in butter and added some chili seasoning.



I added some meat to my mixture and laid corn tortillas on top of the meat as it cooked. It steamed the tortillas and made them soft. I made simple tostadas. Here is a closer picture.


I used Taco Bell Verde Salsa, cheese, diced onion and lettuce on top. You would think that would be enough food for the day. Then why am I still hungry?

Last night I had a snack of potatoes and onions.


The tops of the onion was not bitter but the bulb was. Well, you can't always have perfection.




My bitter onion potatoes were not that bad. I put a dab of ranch dressing on them and ate them up.

Well the sun has set. Have enjoyable night.




No comments:

Post a Comment