Translate

Saturday, April 18, 2015

I Went Shopping



Those who read my book,"Hay Bale Habitat." know my method of watering. Using leaves is little bit more tricky than using hay. I think I'm going to make a looser bale. You want the leaf bale to absorb water as well as your soil medium. It probably takes longer to saturate a leaf bale, but for now, I'm keeping my probe handy to see if the water will go up to the plant.  You don't want your plant flooded and neither do yo want it dry.


I got some gardening supplies yesterday. I ran out of rabbit manure and went to buy composted manure. I found it cheap. It cost $1.65 a bag at Menards.

I went to Wal-Mart and picked up another bag of yellow onion sets for 58 cents. I have bad news. Wal-Mart is not consistent in their pricing at different stores. The onion sets are discounted only at one store that I know of. I guess each store can do their own thing. 

I went to Orscheln and bought a four pack of tomato plants for only a dollar. I look for the package that has more than one in a section. Instead of getting a four pack, I get a seven pack. They are easy to untangle their roots. I just shake them loose.



No comments:

Post a Comment