Translate

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Leaves

"In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations" Revelation 22:2.

I believe there is healing in leaves. When used with gardening they will heal our land.  Leaves make a natural mulch and helps suppress weeds. Leaves will fertilize the soil as they decompose and become food for earthworms and microbes. 

I believe they can bring back our dead farm lands. Farmers have overused fertilizer and have ruined their land. I think by using the right methods we can recover the fertility of our soils.

Most gardeners cannot get enough leaves. In the fall when they drop from the trees most of the leaves scatter in the wind and are blown away. Not in my yard. I put up a fence in the right location to catch my leaves. 

Take a look at my photo and tell me that fencing is not a great idea. I have so many leaves, who needs hay. I'd rather garden with leaves than straw or hay. Well, till next time. I got to rake up some leaves for my oak leaf bale habitats.





No comments:

Post a Comment