Translate

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Wood Chips for Biochar


I tried wood chips in my biochar can. It works! Some of the chip near the top were partially made into biochar but the foot at the bottom contained all biochar. I don't care if it all turned to biochar--I'm dumping it all into my topsoil mixture.


Look at that rich pile of top soil with the added biochar/wood chips. 

Onion Sets Flash Alert:  Go to Wal-Mart and buy onion sets of Yellow, Red, and Sweet for only $.58. They were regular $1.98. Go now, before other gardeners buys them all up.

I planted my three bags of onion sets today. In some places I buried an oak leaf bale and piled the dirt on top and then my special top soil mixture. 

I have raised beds without wood or bales.  They are mounds of soil with my added few inches of my special soil medium.


My flower bed is starting to take shape. I planted seeds and they are starting to come up.


No one will ever know that I'm a leaf bale gardener. I bury my bales. It took a lot of work but wait till the hot summer comes; I'll be sipping iced tea while other gardeners are frantically removing weeds from around their plants. My leaf bales will suppress the weeds and help with the moisture. 





No comments:

Post a Comment