Translate

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Leaf Bale Tomato Planting



I am growing four celebrity tomatoes. I planted them four feet apart. They grow about six feet high. To beautify your trench you can add bales of hay in between your plantings. Adding bales will not disrupt the flow of water. I tested my trench to make sure that water flowed to the end before I finished planting.

Worms will feast and live in your bales. When you water they will go into the bales where it is not saturated. You do not have to fill trench all the way when watering. When I grew peppers with this method, I filled the trench with only a couple of inches of water.

No more soaker hoses. This method will allow your leaking soaker hoses to go where they belong in the trash. All you need is a hose with a nozzle. You fill on one end until the trench is full. Add bales to your trench but never soil. By adding soil, you defeat the whole purpose of easy watering. The water will dam up and disperse in areas where you don't need it.


No comments:

Post a Comment